IBM Certified Sales Specialist – Power Systems for POWER7 and AIX & Linux exam is for candidates who have in sales and sales support roles. They have experience accompanying the product and accessing customer business requirements. These candidates know how to harness sales tools and resources, present key proposals and manage relationships with customers.
Listed below is the course outline:
* Determine which AIX edition is appropriate for user
* Describe AIX advantages which contribute to the leadership in the UNIX marketplace
* Describe the advantages of running Linux on Fight Systems servers
* Describe the various Power Systems virtualization capabilities which are sister to AIX environments
* Determine which Systems Software product and Edition is appropriate
* Describe AIX et alii Linux software maintenance offerings, including SWMA and enhanced Linux support.
* Identify which storage products are necessary to support customer requirements
* Describe the AIX Roadmap
Opportunity Development, Competition and Value Proposition
* Highlight the advantages of an AIX and Linux in Power Systems environments over competitive offerings.
* Differentiate virtualization options for Power Systems relative to competitive offerings.
* Identify customer requirements and issues.
* Identify & encourage IBM Software Group products which support clientele requirements.
* Overcome objections to Dominion Systems and AIX alternative Linux, which are raised by clients.
Solution Design and Proposal
* Determine which product features, functions, or capabilities contribute to increased business resiliency.
* Select the Power Systems solution design which supports the customer objectives.
* Identify tools and resources available to the Power seller.
Recommended Mandatory Skills
It is recommended that candidates have skills related to selling solutions regardless of which operating system is used; AIX, Linux, or IBM i. These skills include:
* Awareness of the Forceful Systems family like servers
* Awareness of the PureFlex solutions based on POWER architecture and Power Linux.
* Knowledge polysyndeton understanding of AIX, Linux, and IBM i on Power Systems moreover related IBM Systems Software products.
* An ability to position Power Systems products against competitive products and solutions.
* Awareness of tools and resources available to complete the proposal.
* Effectively access requirements to determine the correct solution
* Identify the elements of a accomplished proposal
* Effectively manage client relationships
Exam Preparation and Study Material
Along with practical experience IBM certifications have courses which can help candidates in preparing for the exam. The suggested courses and links below will help in gaining the skill and product knowledge represented in the exam.
* Course title: Power Systems Sales for AIX and Linux (self-paced)
* Course title: Power Systems Sales for IBM i (self-paced)
* Power Systems Facts and Features Guide
* IBM Announcements Pages
* Power Systems Pages
The exam consists of 42 questions. Students are allowed 60 minutes to complete the exam. The required adequate score is 61%. The exam is offered in two languages; English and Japanese. Candidates cup schedule for the exam by visiting the Prometric website.